Serkey & Kelman, P.C. is experienced in representing Employer’s and Employee’s in a broad range of issues that arise in employment settings. We represent clients in federal and state courts, and in proceedings before federal, state and local agencies.
Our representation of Employers includes:
- establishing, drafting and implementing Employee policies, procedures and manuals;
- defending wrongful termination, discrimination and other claims brought by Employees;
- drafting employment, non-competition and severance agreements;
- counseling Employers concerning their rights and obligations involving termination of Employees and handling Employees with disabilities;
- Employee classification for Wage and Hour compliance;
- discrimination law compliance; and
- compliance with the Independent Contractor law.
Our representation of Employees includes:
- filing and litigating claims concerning sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliatory filing, unpaid wages and related matters;
- defending Employees and executives against suits/injunctions to bar or limit business competition, including non-competition, non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements;
- advising executives and other Employees in the negotiation and drafting of key person employment agreements and related incentive compensation agreements;
- representing Employees in all matters relating to their employment.
Serkey & Kelman’s employment law group includes attorneys who are seasoned litigators with broad experience in federal and state courts, in administrative proceedings and in alternative dispute resolution process. Our experience is in all aspects of Employer and Employee related employment law matters.